New York Attorneys Assist You If Your Benefits Have Been Cut
We have decades of experience dealing with work compensation insurance companies
After suffering a workplace injury, it is common for the insurance company to wrongfully cut, deny or terminate benefits. Insurance companies frequently dispute legitimate claims, requiring you to put forth efforts to get your entitlements back. At Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone, PC our attorneys and legal staff have successfully fought for and obtained benefit reinstatement for injured workers throughout New York. In many cases, benefits are often cut for the following reasons:
- You return to work
- You voluntarily sign off on your workers' compensation claim
- A workers' compensation judge orders benefits cut after a hearing
Our Brooklyn and Staten Island attorneys explain and explore your options
During a claims dispute with workers' compensation insurance companies, the point of contention is usually centered around whether or not an employee can begin working again. Companies often rely on the opinion of their doctors to determine your ability to return to work, although your own doctor may disagree. This can lead to an incorrect determination that you are fit to resume working and your benefits can be cut as a result. In a situation like this, it is important to know your options, which may include:
- Return to Work – Attempt to return to work to determine if you are able
- Board Panel Hearing – Request a board panel hearing, which is a case review by a three-member panel of Workers' Compensation judges
- Full Board Review – Request a full board review if your board panel hearing is unsuccessful
- State Appellate Review – Appeal the decision of the Board Panel to the Appellate Division, Third Department, Supreme Court of the State of New York
- Federal Court Review – Appeal the State Appellate Division decision to the federal Court of Appeals
Our dedicated attorneys and knowledgeable legal staff have years of experience handling claims involving denial and termination of workman's compensation benefits. We are available to start helping you today.
Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone, PC fights for your benefits
When simply talking to the insurance companies is not enough, it is crucial to have an experienced professional work with you to help you obtain the benefits and compensation you are entitled to under law. We level the playing field against insurance companies that often have claims associates, staff members and their own attorneys at their disposal. We help you gather evidence and medical documents that are necessary for demonstrating the extent of your ongoing injuries. With us at your side, we will fight to get your wrongfully cut benefits reinstated to get you the support you need during these trying times.
Contact our offices today we will help you reclaim your benefits
If your benefits have been cut it is important to get in touch with an attorney to explore your legal options. At Severance, Burko, Spalter & Masone, PC we have over 35 years of experience handling workers' compensation and disability claims from filing to settlement or judgment and appeals. We represent clients on a contingency fee basis so you pay no attorney's fee unless we recover for you. Call us today at (718) 625-2300 to set up an appointment at our Brooklyn or Staten Island offices.